The free Lord Mayor’s Business Excellence Workshops, facilitated by Growth Education Institute, are designed to enable business growth with easy-to-use tools. Upcoming workshop dates:
- Resourcing your small business, Thursday 19 May – will take you through the best resourcing strategy for your business with advice to enable and manage a small team.
Council, with the National Retail Association, is delivering the following workshops for retail employees and owners:
- Managing customer behaviour in the retail environment, Wednesday 23 May – learn strategies to diffuse and refocus a bad customer interaction, and how you can protect your wellbeing and safety in these situations
- Mental health and wellbeing in the retail environment, Wednesday 15 June – learn to build resilience during challenging times and receive practical tips and tricks to improve your (and your co-workers) mental and physical wellbeing.
Businesses interested in building and connecting with their online community might be interested in the Social media masterclass: Building your community on Wednesday 1 June, being delivered by Kate vanderVoort from Social Mediology. Attendees will walk away with a plan for how to develop their online community and the knowledge of how to connect, grow and scale it.
The Suburban Business Hub in Nundah is also open to support Brisbane businesses start, run or grow. Businesses can drop in during opening hours to use this agile space, attend an event or workshop, or chat to one of our Business Liaison Officers.
There are many ways businesses can stay connected with Council whether it be to ask questions or receive information on programs and opportunities. You can connect with Council through the following channels:
- Contacting the 24 hour 7 day a week Business Hotline, 133 BNE (133 263), for specialised information around Council permits, licensing, regulations and how to do business in Brisbane
- To stay up to date with business news and information, subscribe to the Business in Brisbane newsletter here
- Regularly check the Business In Brisbane page of our website for the most up-to-date information around current programs and resources available to businesses in Brisbane.